Digital Cities - Inverness
Responding to the Scottish Government’s Digital Strategy Realising Scotland’s full potential in a Digital World launch, FutureScots’s pioneering Digital Cities seminar series creates a timely environment of open discussion to illustrate the innovative strategies Highland Council is adopting – but also examine what still needs to be done - to create a culture and environment of reform and ensure all Edinburgh's citizens are skilled, confident, secure and included.
Using NESTA’s City Initiatives for Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CITIE), The Scotland Analysis report and the Scottish Government’s Digital Strategy as the foundations of this innovative seminar series, FutureScot and partners will review latest initiatives and solutions and discuss how Highland Council, Central Government, wider public sector, commercial and third sector organisations are working together to provide solutions needed to boost the digital environment and in turn the economy of Inverness and wider region.
Digital is transforming the way we live. It is connecting us faster than ever before while putting more power into the hands of service users. There is a huge opportunity here and now to ensure that people, businesses and organisations across Scotland, are given the tools and skills they need to harness this potential.
Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution
• Discover the latest innovations and learn how new technologies are being put to use in Inverness
• Connect with Highland Council decision-makers and Central Government policy formers, as well as leaders of change in digital infrastructure
• Engage in keynote panel and round table discussions with digital city specialists
• Quiz Inverness / regional and national experts and discuss the latest solutions to common challenges.
• Influence: outcomes of each event will be featured in a full report both on FutureScot.com and in The Times Scotland.
Who should attend?
• Local Authority IT Managers / Infrastructure Managers
• Policymakers and Regulators
• IT Infrastructure Developers
• Private Sector
• Enterprise Agency Representatives
• City Chambers Representatives / Members
• IT skills agencies / providers
• Housing Association Managers
• Third and Voluntary Sector Managers
Please note places are limited and early registration is required
07 September 2017 The Kingsmill Hotel Culcabock Road Inverness - IV2 3LP United Kingdom
FutureScot Digital Cities - Inverness
- 12 September 2017
- 14 September 2017
- 13 September 2017
- 06 September 2017
- 05 September 2017
- 13 September 2017
- 02 October 2017
- 05 October 2017
- £246 million to be invested in battery technologies over next 4 years https://t.co/fMSZ2crqDg pic.twitter.com/cAYVcJenY6
- The scheme will provide students w. pathways into cyber security industry via direct contact with industry experts. https://t.co/IBrI3H3oKZ
- Amazon commissions Scottish college @SRUC to study closing the urban-rural economic gap. https://t.co/O5qzDNn0M6 pic.twitter.com/nGpfdNIVf0
- “Our measures prioritise protecting the public while maximising the full potential of drones." https://t.co/Up5Fc0SHai @UK_CAA
- Amazon commissions Scottish college to study ways of closing the urban-rural economic gap https://t.co/uokqOBf1Sw pic.twitter.com/SpytqHQ0Gr